Boy, 5, tragically dies in parents' arms after swallowing notice board pin

vt-author-image

By James Kay

Article saved!Article saved!

A five-year-old boy sadly passed away in his parents' arms after swallowing a notice board pin, and the family has paid tribute to their "cheeky" boy.

As reported by The Sun, Kyle Lewis from South Yorkshire, United Kingdom, swallowed the pin less than a week after his fifth birthday. The young boy was rushed to Rotherham General Hospital and doctors battled to save him. They managed to bring back his pulse four times and he was then transferred to a specialist unit in Leeds.

wp-image-1263180299 size-full
A GoFundMe page at the time of writing has raised £1,830 ($2,200) to support the family. Credit: GoFundMe

The five-year-old spent two days on life support and suffered multiple seizures. A scan of Kyle revealed that he had suffered 90 to 95 percent damage to his brain.

Kyle's parents Emma and Mark Lewis were by his side as he tragically passed away on October 28. The parents have since paid tribute to their son.

size-full wp-image-1263180308
A hospital. Credit: Julian Claxton / Alamy

Per The Star, Emma revealed that the hospital had kept her son on life support until the family was emotionally ready enough to say goodbye to the little one. After one final cuddle with his parents, Kyle had his last heartbeat, according to the grieving mom.

A family friend has since set up a GoFundMe page to support the family during their time of grief, and at the time of writing has raised £1,830 ($2,200) for the family. The page states the parents want the money to go towards something for their daughters, as a way to remember their brother.

size-full wp-image-1263180307
Credit: GoFundMe

The description for the GoFundMe reads: "So as many of you are aware, Ema, Mark and their girls sadly lost little Kyle. After 3 days of him fighting he sadly grew his dinosaur wings.

"To make things a little easier a few of us wanted to set up this to help give him the best send off possible no parent should have to bury there child and have to struggle to find the money to do so.

"Anything doesnt matter how little will be greatly appreciated x just spoken to family and they would like to get something for the girls in memory of there baby /big brother. [sic]"

Featured image credit: Iain Masterton / Alamy

Boy, 5, tragically dies in parents' arms after swallowing notice board pin

vt-author-image

By James Kay

Article saved!Article saved!

A five-year-old boy sadly passed away in his parents' arms after swallowing a notice board pin, and the family has paid tribute to their "cheeky" boy.

As reported by The Sun, Kyle Lewis from South Yorkshire, United Kingdom, swallowed the pin less than a week after his fifth birthday. The young boy was rushed to Rotherham General Hospital and doctors battled to save him. They managed to bring back his pulse four times and he was then transferred to a specialist unit in Leeds.

wp-image-1263180299 size-full
A GoFundMe page at the time of writing has raised £1,830 ($2,200) to support the family. Credit: GoFundMe

The five-year-old spent two days on life support and suffered multiple seizures. A scan of Kyle revealed that he had suffered 90 to 95 percent damage to his brain.

Kyle's parents Emma and Mark Lewis were by his side as he tragically passed away on October 28. The parents have since paid tribute to their son.

size-full wp-image-1263180308
A hospital. Credit: Julian Claxton / Alamy

Per The Star, Emma revealed that the hospital had kept her son on life support until the family was emotionally ready enough to say goodbye to the little one. After one final cuddle with his parents, Kyle had his last heartbeat, according to the grieving mom.

A family friend has since set up a GoFundMe page to support the family during their time of grief, and at the time of writing has raised £1,830 ($2,200) for the family. The page states the parents want the money to go towards something for their daughters, as a way to remember their brother.

size-full wp-image-1263180307
Credit: GoFundMe

The description for the GoFundMe reads: "So as many of you are aware, Ema, Mark and their girls sadly lost little Kyle. After 3 days of him fighting he sadly grew his dinosaur wings.

"To make things a little easier a few of us wanted to set up this to help give him the best send off possible no parent should have to bury there child and have to struggle to find the money to do so.

"Anything doesnt matter how little will be greatly appreciated x just spoken to family and they would like to get something for the girls in memory of there baby /big brother. [sic]"

Featured image credit: Iain Masterton / Alamy