Casey Anthony trial judge doesn't buy her claims that her father is responsible for daughter's death

vt-author-image

By James Kay

Article saved!Article saved!

Casey Anthony's trial judge is doubting her claims that her father is the one to blame for her daughter's death, just as a new docuseries about the case is due to air later this month.

Judge Belvin Perry Jr. says that he doesn't think Casey's timeline of events makes sense, particularly that her father George was responsible for two-year-old Caylee's death, per TMZ.

Casey, 36, has maintained that her father murdered Caylee in order to cover up that he had been sexually abusing her. She also claims her father was sexually abusive toward her between the ages of eight and 12, the Daily Mail reports.

However, Judge Belvin Perry Jr. believes Casey has been lying and her story has undermined her credibility.

size-full wp-image-1263178629
Casey Anthony maintains that her father is responsible for Caylee's death. Credit: McClatchy-Tribune / Alamy

Whilst speaking to TMZ, the former judge explained that Casey blamed a babysitter for kidnapping Caylee and that there is no hard evidence that can confirm Casey's claim that her father sexually abused her.

The judge also believes that Casey's claims that Caylee drowned in the pool are at odds with the reports that her car trunk reportedly smelt like "death" around the time her daughter went missing.

Casey was tried and acquitted of the murder of her two-year-old daughter and is currently promoting a new docuseries where she further proclaims her innocence whilst putting the responsibility onto her own father.

Although acquitted of the murder charges, Casey served time for providing false information to law enforcement, PEOPLE reports.

size-full wp-image-1263178630
Casey was acquitted of the murder charges. Credit: ABACAPRESS / Alamy

It took Casey 31 days to call 911 to report her daughter missing in June 2008, before the two-year-old's remains were found in a car in December of the same year, per Criminal Brief.

Casey has recently defended her behavior in the wake of her daughter's disappearance, as she was photographed partying at various nightclubs.

She insists that she was working for her boyfriend at these establishments, and also goes on to say that her father had instructed her to act normal as he was keeping Caylee captive at the time, says the Daily Mail.

"During the 31 days, I genuinely believed Caylee was alive. My father kept telling me she was OK. I just had to keep following his instructions. I just knew I had to do what he wanted me to do. Just do what he wants. It worked before, do it now. I did what I needed to do to survive," Casey explained.

Watch the trailer for the docuseries below:

The docuseries Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies airs on Peacock on November 29.

Featured image credit: McClatchy-Tribune / Alamy

Casey Anthony trial judge doesn't buy her claims that her father is responsible for daughter's death

vt-author-image

By James Kay

Article saved!Article saved!

Casey Anthony's trial judge is doubting her claims that her father is the one to blame for her daughter's death, just as a new docuseries about the case is due to air later this month.

Judge Belvin Perry Jr. says that he doesn't think Casey's timeline of events makes sense, particularly that her father George was responsible for two-year-old Caylee's death, per TMZ.

Casey, 36, has maintained that her father murdered Caylee in order to cover up that he had been sexually abusing her. She also claims her father was sexually abusive toward her between the ages of eight and 12, the Daily Mail reports.

However, Judge Belvin Perry Jr. believes Casey has been lying and her story has undermined her credibility.

size-full wp-image-1263178629
Casey Anthony maintains that her father is responsible for Caylee's death. Credit: McClatchy-Tribune / Alamy

Whilst speaking to TMZ, the former judge explained that Casey blamed a babysitter for kidnapping Caylee and that there is no hard evidence that can confirm Casey's claim that her father sexually abused her.

The judge also believes that Casey's claims that Caylee drowned in the pool are at odds with the reports that her car trunk reportedly smelt like "death" around the time her daughter went missing.

Casey was tried and acquitted of the murder of her two-year-old daughter and is currently promoting a new docuseries where she further proclaims her innocence whilst putting the responsibility onto her own father.

Although acquitted of the murder charges, Casey served time for providing false information to law enforcement, PEOPLE reports.

size-full wp-image-1263178630
Casey was acquitted of the murder charges. Credit: ABACAPRESS / Alamy

It took Casey 31 days to call 911 to report her daughter missing in June 2008, before the two-year-old's remains were found in a car in December of the same year, per Criminal Brief.

Casey has recently defended her behavior in the wake of her daughter's disappearance, as she was photographed partying at various nightclubs.

She insists that she was working for her boyfriend at these establishments, and also goes on to say that her father had instructed her to act normal as he was keeping Caylee captive at the time, says the Daily Mail.

"During the 31 days, I genuinely believed Caylee was alive. My father kept telling me she was OK. I just had to keep following his instructions. I just knew I had to do what he wanted me to do. Just do what he wants. It worked before, do it now. I did what I needed to do to survive," Casey explained.

Watch the trailer for the docuseries below:

The docuseries Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies airs on Peacock on November 29.

Featured image credit: McClatchy-Tribune / Alamy