ADVERT
US3 min(s) read
Heartbreaking new details have emerged after Baltimore Ravens star Calais Campbell's mom was found dead at her Georgia home.
Nateal Campbell, 71, was pronounced dead on Tuesday (June 30) after officers responding to a welfare check found her unresponsive inside her Buckhead townhouse, according to WSB-TV.
The welfare check was requested by concerned relatives, who called police shortly after 12:30 PM after becoming worried about her well-being.
Cops who arrived at the home disclosed that a man had barricaded himself inside, prompting officers to enter the residence and take him into custody, per The New York Post.
The suspect was later identified as 41-year-old Ciarre Campbell, Calais' older brother and a former football player at Colorado State.
He was booked into the Fulton County Jail on Wednesday morning and faces charges of murder, aggravated assault, and possession of a firearm or knife during the commission of a felony.
Authorities have released only limited details about the alleged killing, with the investigation remaining ongoing.
Nateal's family has released an emotional statement confirming their loss.
"We are devastated to share that the Campbell Family has lost its matriarch, Mrs. Nateal Campbell," the statement read, per NBC Sports.
"While the details of her passing are still being investigated, we take comfort in knowing she is reunited with our father, her beloved Chuck, and in the arms of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
"We ask for privacy at this time so that we may honor her and share in our overwhelming grief privately and as a family," they added.
The statement did not address the charges filed against Ciarre.
Investigators have revealed that police had previously been called to the residence over concerns involving Ciarre.
"A brief look into the history does show some calls back in April dealing with this location a possible arson incident," Lt. Christopher Butler said.
"There have been some indications of possibly some mental health issues with an individual."
It remains unclear whether Ciarre was living with his mother at the time of the alleged murder.
His attorney, Jay Abt, said that investigators have obtained search warrants for the home, clothing, and DNA evidence.
The 39-year-old is entering his 19th NFL season and is widely regarded as one of the league's most respected veterans.
The defensive lineman has played for the Arizona Cardinals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens, Atlanta Falcons and Miami Dolphins during his career. He ranks third among active NFL players in career sacks.
Campbell and his family founded the Charles Richard Campbell Foundation in honor of their late father, Chuck.
Nateal and the NFL star were both listed among the foundation's co-founders, and the organization focuses on mentorship, education and teaching important life skills to the younger generation.
Campbell revealed on the website that he attributes much of his success to growing up in a 'household bursting at the seams with love'.
us3 min(s) read
us5 min(s) read
us4 min(s) read
us5 min(s) read
us3 min(s) read
Sergio Brown, a former NFL star, has gone missing after his 73-year-old mother was found dead in a creek.
The Maywood Police Department was alerted to the distressing situation on Saturday when concerned family members reported their inability to locate or make contact with Brown and his mother, Myrtle Brown.
In response to the report, an extensive missing persons search operation was launched. Tragically, the search ended with a horrifying discovery as Myrtle's lifeless body was found in a creek near her residence in Illinois. Her death was ruled as a homicide, per the Daily Mail.
The search for the former NFL star has intensified, as Sergio's whereabouts remain unknown, leaving both friends and family deeply concerned about his well-being.
"I'm not waiting another hour. Please share! If you see them or one of them please let me know or the Maywood Police Office know," urged Sergio's brother, Nick, on Facebook.
Myrtle's sister, Sheila Simmons, shared her last interaction with her sister, which occurred on Thursday, September 14. The shocking news of their disappearance reached her around 3:00AM on Saturday morning, and Sheila immediately sensed that something was amiss when she arrived at their shared residence.
"We're going to find out what happened because it's not normal for my sister to not answer her phone, not to respond to text messages. People have been reaching out to her since Friday. No one was able to reach her. Now, I got the call this morning saying that she's missing, so immediately I came out here and find out my sister is dead," Sheila told WGN TV News.
Sheila joined law enforcement in an initial search of the creek behind the house, but nothing was found. However, subsequent searches by family members led to the discovery of Myrtle's body in the Addison Creek Reservoir, located outside of Chicago.
The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office conducted an autopsy on Sunday, confirming that Myrtle's death was the result of a homicide, citing assault-related injuries as the cause.
Maywood Police have intensified their search for Sergio, a former NFL player who donned jerseys for five different teams before retiring in 2016.
The Maywood Police Department is urging anyone with information about Sergio's whereabouts to contact them immediately via their Investigations or anonymous tip line phone numbers.
The last confirmed sighting of Sergio and his mother was on August 25 when they left their residence for a family reunion in Mississippi, an event they tragically failed to attend.
Sergio, who previously played for the University of Notre Dame before embarking on his NFL career, was signed as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots in 2010. He went on to play for the Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Buffalo Bills.
Our thoughts are with the loved ones of Myrtle and Sergio.
The mother of a 19-year-old student who was found dead following a football game has shared a concerning claim after her daughter’s body was found.
Brianna Aguilera, a 19-year-old student at Texas A&M University, was tragically found dead outside an apartment complex at around 1AM on Saturday morning, hours after she'd attended a tailgate for the college's game against the University of Texas, KSAT reported.
Authorities had told her mother, Stephanie Rodriguez, that they believed she’d taken her own life after allegedly falling from 17 floors up.
However, Rodriguez has voiced her concerns of foul play and believes her daughter did not die by suicide.
The Austin Police Department told People in a new statement that “the facts obtained do not indicate that this is a homicide.”
It added: “The case involving the death of Brianna Aguilera remains open, active, and under thorough investigation. Multiple detectives continue to interview witnesses, gather evidence, and work carefully through the details of the incident.
“At this stage in the investigation, the facts obtained do not indicate that this is a homicide. This case continues to be treated strictly as a death investigation, and there is no evidence to suggest or support any suspicious or criminal circumstances surrounding Ms. Aguilera’s passing.
“The cause of death will be determined by the Travis County Medical Examiner’s Office."
The Austin Police Department added: "Every loss in our community is taken seriously, and every life is deserving of care, dignity, and a complete investigative process.
“Austin Police extends our heartfelt condolences to Brianna Aguilera’s family, friends, and all who are grieving her loss. We recognize the deep pain that accompanies the unexpected passing of a loved one, and our thoughts remain with those who are navigating this difficult time.
“Our detectives remain committed to investigating the full details surrounding the death of Ms. Aguilera."
Rodriguez has disputed the claims her daughter took her own life, telling People: “I'm thinking either someone shoved her over the balcony, or when my daughter does drink, she has the tendency [to fall asleep], and she's so thin and frail, she cannot handle alcohol.
“And I think that maybe either it might've been that, and they probably got scared and threw her over the balcony, or they shoved her off.”
She added that the claims her daughter was suicidal left her “very upset”, explaining: “I would know. She's not suicidal. Why would she be? She was living her best life. She loved life. I mean, she loved going to school. She wanted to become a lawyer. I mean, it was just something that I was like, you don't say that.”
According to Rodriguez, following the game, Aguilera had been at a party on the 17th floor of 21 Rio, a 21-story apartment building, with around 14 other people, one of whom her mother claims she’d been in a fight with over her boyfriend.
Rodriguez had phoned the police after Aguilera failed to answer the phone after the game ended, and says she saw her phone's location pinging in Austin.
Police told the distraught mother to wait 24 hours before filing a missing persons report, per the outlet, and officers later found Aguilera's cellphone on Saturday.
Rodriguez says she was not told her daughter was dead until 4PM that day, and believes foul play could have been involved in the fatal fall, and that one of the people that were inside the apartment at the time must know something about her daughter's death.
Rodriguez said: "There was a fight that happened between my daughter and another girl, and they were all staying in the same apartment that I have actual text messages of, and the detective just disregarded them."
She added: "There are a lot of inconsistencies with the story. He [the investigator] told me they said she jumped, and then he told me that the friends said they didn’t know her whereabouts."
She also says her daughter, who was a sophomore at the university, was not suicidal and had been looking forward to her future and qualifying as a lawyer.
If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or visit 988lifeline.org.
The mother of one of the three Kansas City Chiefs fans that were found frozen to death in their friend's backyard in January believes someone should be charged for their deaths.
Back in January, 38-year-old Ricky Johnson, 36-year-old Clayton McGeeney, and 37-year-old David Harrington were found dead in the backyard of their friend Jordan Willis's home after having watched the Kansas City Chiefs game against the Los Angeles Chargers on the night of January 7, per Fox News.
Despite the three men not having left the property, Willis had claimed that he was unaware his friends were dead in his yard in the heavy snow until two days later, when one of the men's fiancée asked for a welfare check.
Toxicology reports stated that THC, cocaine, and lethal levels of fentanyl were found in their systems, according to reports from Fox News.
Although police do not suspect foul play in the deaths of the three men, the mother of one of the deceased believes "some charges" are warranted after their untimely deaths.
Jennifer Marquez, who is the mother of David Harrington, told Fox News: "There’s no information being released, even though the police are still working from my understanding on the case.
"Of course, any family is going to be frustrated. We were warned that it would take a while, but it’s so hard not having any information."
The men's autopsies and toxicology testing had been completed in "late January", according to a representative from Frontier Forensics Midwest LLC, with preliminary results being shared with their families in early February by detectives from the Kansas City Police Department.
Despite police not suspecting foul play in the deaths, Marquez added: "My wishes are that the person or persons responsible for providing the substance that caused the deaths of Ricky, Clayton, and my son David are brought to justice."
She also claimed that Willis - who claimed to have been asleep for most of the 48 hours between the fateful night and the time the bodies were found - should face charges after the trio died following his watch party.
"I believe Jordan still has a lot to answer for — I believe there should be some charges,” she said. “If you have a party and serve too much alcohol and someone drives away from your house and has a wreck and kills themselves or others, you can be charged with overserving. He had a party and three people died — he should have charges brought against him."
She added: "Jordan [is] just going on with his life, while the rest of us are having to deal with the loss of family members.
"Was his computer checked to see if he had been on it at any time in the two days that he didn’t answer… and never received any text or anything from family or friends of the men or even his work? You would think he checked on his work so he wouldn’t be in trouble or behind and that would prove he lied about not knowing [the men were dead or dying in his backyard].
“Make it all make sense where he wouldn’t get in trouble."
Willis's attorney had previously claimed his client had been asleep for almost two days straight with the blinds closed and noise-canceling headphones on until the bodies were found on his property two days after the watch party.
Shortly after the tragedy, Willis moved out of the property and checked into a rehab facility, a source close to him told the outlet.
The same source again spoke out to say that Marquez's recent comments were "just more speculation from upset parents looking to point fingers” and “not based on any proven facts.”
The insider added: "The families do deserve answers and we all share the frustration on how long it’s taking for everyone to have those answers.
"I understand that they have suffered a huge loss - however, there has been absolutely no evidence presented at this point showing that Jordan was in any way responsible for the deaths of his friends, or that he knew they were deceased… before police showed up.
"Even if he did log into his computer or even if he got up briefly… that doesn’t automatically mean he knew they were outside, especially not on a day when it snowed heavily."
The source added that the families "speculating publicly" without knowing the facts was "unacceptable", adding that they need to "accept the possibility that their sons participated in behavior that cost them their lives."
Kansas City Police Department Sergeant Phil DiMartino told Fox News Digital there were “no updates at this time” on the investigation, adding: "Investigators continue to follow all leads. Our agency remains in contact and continues to work with the Platte County Prosecutor’s office for review of any applicable charges.”
He added that “the results of an autopsy report are not publicly available in an ongoing investigation."
Fox News Digital previously reported that the families of all three decedents are considering unlawful death lawsuits in the wake of the tragedy.
The investigation is ongoing, however, no foul play is suspected.