US3 min(s) read
Eye-opening poll reveals public opinion on Trump and his handling of the Epstein investigation
More than half of adult US citizens disapprove of President Donald Trump’s handling of the investigations relating to Jeffrey Epstein.
The jaw-dropping stat comes after more than three million new documents were publicly released relating to the convicted sex offender.
The poll was conducted between February 13-16 2026 by YouGov and The Economist where it presented a host of different questions on various topics, including this year’s Super Bowl half-time show where Bad Bunny became the first artist to perform almost an entire set in Spanish in NFL history.
The poll becomes the latest in a long line of security for the president whose name appeared within the files on over three thousand occasions.
Trump has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in connection to Epstein.
Americans Disapprove of Trump’s Handling
The eye-opening poll revealed that 57% of Americans don’t agree that the president is handling the case in the correct manner, while only 24% say that he is, as per YouGov.
Further questions were presented in the poll where people were asked whether or not they believe the POTUS is ‘covering up Epstein’s crimes,’ with more than half believing he is, while 29% said no.
Half of Americans also believe that Trump was involved in the crimes, with 30% believing he is not.
POTUS Waives Law Into Public
Last year, the Epstein Files Transparency Act was passed by the United States Congress for all files relating to Epstein to be publicly released by the Department of Justice, with the president signing it into law.
The law was signed on November 19, 2025, and pertains to millions of files containing documents, emails, and photographs from Epstein’s time in prison and investigative records.
It come after the POTUS claimed that the public’s interest in the files was ‘boring’, with the DOJ releasing a statement responding to the allegations made against the president.
Per BBC News, the DOJ stated: "Some docs contain untrue and sensationalist claims against Trump that were submitted to the FBI right before the 2020 election.
"To be clear the claims are unfounded and false and if they have any shred of credibility they certainly would have been weaponised against Trump already."
A statement from the White House also said, via NBC News: "By releasing thousands of pages of documents, co-operating with the House Oversight Committee's subpoena request, and President Trump recently calling for further investigations into Epstein's Democrat friends, the Trump Administration has done more for the victims than Democrats ever have."