World2 min(s) read
Published 09:25 14 Jun 2026 GMT
Woman's final post takes on tragic meaning after fatal bridge jump accident
Warning: This article may contain some distressing information.
A heartbreaking social media post shared by a woman just hours before her death has taken on a haunting new meaning after a fatal bridge jump accident in Brazil.
As previously reported, Maria Eduarda Rodrigues de Freitas, 21, tragically passed away on Saturday morning after she was allegedly launched from a bridge without being connected to a safety rope.
The tragedy, which took place at Ponte do Esqueleto, also known as Skeleton Bridge, in Limeira, São Paulo, has sparked an investigation and led to multiple arrests. Still, many have been left focused on a message Maria posted shortly before the accident.
Maria's final post
Before taking part in the activity, the late woman documented her day on social media, sharing photos from the site and showing followers the identification bracelets she had received for the jump.
She also posted pictures of company representatives involved in the event.
In one post alongside a photo of a company banner for Entre Cordas, Maria wrote: "Who was the crazy person who let me jump off a bridge?" The Sun reported.
Fatal accident caught on video
Disturbing footage shared online appears to show Maria, who was from nearby Jandira, being carried toward the edge of the bridge by two staff members in a Superman-style pose.
According to witnesses and information provided by Military Police, a safety rope had allegedly not been attached to her harness before she was released.
Moments after she was launched from the bridge, voices can be heard shouting: "The rope, people, the rope."
Maria fell more than 131 feet to the ground while horrified staff looked on.
Emergency responders, firefighters, and paramedics rushed to the scene, but she was pronounced dead.
According to reports, her fiancé was also present and required medical attention after becoming ill upon learning she had died.
Military Police said Maria was participating in an activity organized by a private company when the accident occurred.
Six people were arrested at the scene following the tragedy.
The Civil Police have since launched an investigation and will determine whether to bring criminal charges against anyone involved.
Limeira City Council has also announced plans to file a complaint against the Brazilian federal government.
"It is necessary to determine responsibility for the lack of access control to a federal area that has presented known risks for years and still lacks the necessary protection measures," said Mayor Murilo Félix, per The Mirror.
Our thoughts are with Maria's loved ones at this time.














