Loading...
Celebrity5 min(s) read
Published 15:02 24 May 2026 GMT
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s rumored wedding plans are once again sending fans into meltdown after reports claimed some of the singer’s celebrity friends are furious over one controversial detail included on the invitations.
Speculation around the couple’s big day has been building for months, with reports suggesting Swift and the Kansas City Chiefs star could marry before the NFL training camp begins on July 22. While almost every aspect of the ceremony remains tightly guarded, insiders claim invitations have now started circulating among the couple’s inner circle.
The latest drama reportedly centers around the couple’s strict plus-one policy, with some guests said to be unhappy after learning they would have to attend the wedding solo. The reports come as Swift and Kelce continue keeping details about the location, guest list, and official wedding date firmly under wraps.
According to reports from the Daily Mail, some celebrity guests were shocked to discover they had not been given the option to bring a plus one.
“I know Selena Gomez is bringing her husband Benny Blanco, so she has a plus-one, but I am not allowed to have a plus-one because I am a single woman,” the guest told the outlet.
“I get it, the venue can probably allow for only so many people, but it’s not the best feeling.”
The insider also claimed the issue has sparked conversations among guests about wedding etiquette, particularly over whether all attendees should automatically receive a plus one.
“It’s the wedding of the year, but I may sit this one out because I am shy,” the guest added.
Reports also suggest attendees will only learn the ceremony location on the morning of the wedding itself, as Swift and Kelce attempt to avoid leaks and unwanted attention.
Although rumors continue to swirl online, very little about the wedding has actually been confirmed publicly by the couple.
Following their engagement announcement on August 26, 2025, a source close to the pair told People: “Taylor and Travis have been in celebration mode ever since the engagement. They are not in the wedding planning phase yet.”
Another insider later added: “Right now they just want to enjoy being engaged, and they are going to take their time with it.”
Sources have also claimed the pair decided against hosting a huge public spectacle.
“[They] want to keep it more private,” the insider told People. “It will definitely be a private affair and not a spectacle. They both have a close circle of friends, and they’ll respect their privacy.”
Swift previously hinted she wants a destination wedding while promoting The Life of a Showgirl.
“You would think that I would’ve been the type of person who would've obsessed over the idea of a wedding my whole life,” she said. “But I actually never thought about what I would ever do… until I met the person.”
Kelce has also joked publicly about the planning process during an appearance on New Heights.
“That one’s gonna be easy,” he said. “I just gotta figure out how to win a football game first.”
He later added: “The wedding will be easy compared to how to fucking catch a goddamn football.”
Despite the secrecy, several famous names have already been linked to the wedding
People reported in April that Zoë Kravitz had received an invitation, while Prince William even hinted he hoped to make the guest list during an appearance on Heart Breakfast radio.
“No comment,” William replied when asked whether he had received an invite, before adding: “I’m hoping and I’m sure there might be an invitation around but we’ll see.”
Ed Sheeran also revealed in September 2025 that he had not received a save-the-date, although Swift later suggested he could still end up performing during the reception.
“It’s like, ‘Ed, if there’s a stage, you know that you’ll be on it,’” she joked.
She added: “That’s the fun thing about our friendship is we both love performing. We love what we do. We love to get up on stage. It’s actually not that hard to talk either of us into performing at anything.”
Meanwhile, rumors about a possible June 13 ceremony at Rhode Island’s Ocean House were quickly shut down by wedding planner Tara Guérard.
“I am the wedding planner for June 13th at the Ocean House in Rhode Island! Sorry to let you all know, Taylor is not my bride this weekend! Boo! Kindest, @taraguerard,” she wrote on Instagram.
For now, fans are still left piecing together clues as the couple continue keeping one of the most talked-about celebrity weddings firmly behind closed doors.