Celebrity4 min(s) read
Published 15:02 23 May 2026 GMT
Taylor Swift reportedly leaves A-list friends furious over wedding detail included in invite
Taylor Swift has reportedly upset some of her famous friends after one detail on her wedding invitations left guests less than thrilled.
Rumors surrounding Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s upcoming wedding are hitting fever pitch, with fresh claims suggesting the billionaire pop superstar and the Kansas City Chiefs tight end could tie the knot within weeks.
But while speculation around the power couple’s big day is exploding online, almost every major detail remains tightly under wraps. From the wedding date to the location to the celebrity guest list, insiders say very little has actually been confirmed.
One rumor making the rounds claims save-the-date notes were sent out for a lavish New York City celebration on July 3. However, some people within Swift’s orbit insist the couple are deliberately fueling confusion and having fun with the nonstop attention, possibly to throw paparazzi and fans off the scent.
The singer is preparing to marry Kelce later this year, with plans for the ceremony being kept tightly under wraps to avoid leaks before the big day. But according to a pal close to Swift, some Hollywood guests were caught off guard when invitations recently landed in their mailboxes.
The issue reportedly centers around Swift’s decision to limit plus-ones for many attendees, a move that has already caused frustration among some invitees.
Guests reportedly furious over plus-one policy
According to the source, several celebrities invited to the wedding were not given the option to bring a guest with them.
“I know Selena Gomez is bringing her husband Benny Blanco, so she has a plus-one, but I am not allowed to have a plus-one because I am a single woman,” the guest told the Daily Mail.
“I get it, the venue can probably allow for only so many people, but it’s not the best feeling.”
The insider claimed the decision has become a hot topic among invitees, especially given the long-running social media debate around wedding etiquette and whether guests should automatically receive a plus-one.
The guest admitted the situation had even made them question attending the wedding at all.
“It’s the wedding of the year, but I may sit this one out because I am shy,” the guest said of the upcoming event, which will reportedly take place at a location only revealed to attendees on the morning of the ceremony.
Wedding location remains top secret
Swift and Kelce are said to be going to major lengths to keep the wedding location private until the last possible moment.
“I get that too, she doesn’t want everyone knowing where she is getting married until the last minute for security reasons,” the insider said.
“Now it is one big guessing game, everyone is wondering where it will be. Probably a massive hotel like the Waldorf Astoria that has amazing security and access,” they added.
Despite the backlash, the source insisted they still support the singer and understand why such tight security measures are being put in place.
The pal reportedly said they “loves” Swift, wants “the best” for her and “gets it”, while also not wanting to sound like a “major complainer”.
Swift faces legal drama alongside wedding planning
Swift and the Kansas City Chiefs tight end first began dating in August 2023 after Kelce attended her Eras Tour concert in Kansas City. The pair announced their engagement last year.
At the same time, Swift is also dealing with legal trouble connected to the title of her latest album, per The Hollywood Reporter.
Maren Wade, a former America’s Got Talent contestant and Las Vegas Weekly columnist behind Confessions of a Showgirl, filed a federal lawsuit on March 30, accusing Swift and affiliated companies of trademark infringement.
According to the complaint, Wade alleges Swift and Universal Music Group infringed on her long-running brand Confessions of a Showgirl, citing “trademark infringement, false designation and unfair competition”.













