Celebrity3 min(s) read
Published 15:47 18 May 2026 GMT
Incredible photos show Gina Carano's 100lbs weight loss before Ronda Rousey fight as she's immediately suspended from MMA
Incredible photos show Gina Carano's 100lbs weight loss before her fight against Ronda Rousey.
The 44-year-old's recent return to MMA ended in heartbreak after Rousey submitted her in just 15 seconds, but the biggest talking point may have come before the fight even started.
Hours before stepping into the cage, the actress shocked fans after revealing she had lost 100lbs ahead of her comeback match.
Taking to Instagram after Friday’s official weigh-in, Carano revealed she tipped the scales at 141.4lbs after once weighing 240lbs in September 2024.
"Ok. Vulnerable post, but here we are," she penned. "I just weighed in at 141.4 lbs. Since Sept 2024 to today, May 15, 2026, I have lost 100lbs. It hurts to say that and share but I am going to share it because I worked so damn hard every week for over a year and a half to shed this weight. It did not happen overnight."
If the transformation had happened consistently, it would mean the Deadpool star lost around five pounds per month across roughly 20 months.
The figure is even more shocking considering she previously weighed only 17 pounds less than heavyweight Francis Ngannou, who came in at 257lbs ahead of his own fight against Philipe Lins.
Carano said the Rousey fight changed everything
Both Carano and Rousey needed to weigh under 145lbs for their highly anticipated main event. Rousey officially weighed in at 142lbs.
Carano explained that agreeing to fight the 39-year-old became the motivation she needed to completely rebuild her health and fitness.
"If it wasn’t for having this incredibly challenging goal in fighting @rondarousey I most definitely wouldn’t have reached this," she wrote. "I was pre-diabetic, had trouble simply walking in September, and have been on the path to recovery to turn myself back into an athlete since then.
The fight marked Carano's first MMA appearance since 2009, while Rousey also returned after years away from competition.
Carano was suspended from the sport
Following the loss, Carano was immediately suspended from competing in MMA again. However, the suspension is not considered punishment. It is standard protocol in combat sports following a fight.
Rousey, who spent some time in WWE, was also suspended after the event as part of mandatory medical recovery procedures designed to protect fighters after competition.
Suspensions can vary in length depending on injuries and medical assessments carried out by ringside physicians.
Lower-level suspensions normally prevent athletes from competing in fights while still allowing contact training and sparring.
More serious suspensions can include full no-contact orders requiring medical scans or doctor clearance before a fighter can return.
Although many viewers wondered if the quick ending could lead to another fight between the pair, Rousey appeared to dismiss the possibility almost instantly.
"I was hoping to come out as unscathed as possible," she said after the victory, per Reuters. "I didn’t really want to hurt her. Luckily it was beautiful martial arts, that’s what I think that was. It was art."
When asked if she wished the fight had lasted longer, the mom-of-two bluntly responded: "Hell no...my husband and my kids are watching me. I don’t want to put them through anything more than I have to," per The Guardian.
Meanwhile, Carano remained positive despite the quick defeat. "I wanted that to last longer," she admitted. "I felt so ready. I’ve never felt that good. But I haven’t been here for 17 years… and I wanted to hit her."













